The next milestone is 32 to 34 weeks. Babies born now generally have an excellent chance of survival, without any major long-term complications, though they might not have full lung maturity (which generally occurs between 33 and 37 weeks) and will need to spend time in the NICU. Some babies born at this stage may require oxygen to help them breathe, while others may need to be fed through a nasogastric tube (which runs through the nose into the stomach). “Super-twins” (triplets or more) almost always spend time in a NICU, but if you can get past that 32-week mark, chances are excellent that the babies will be healthy.
SO I'm getting close to that one. I think 30 weeks is exciting because we're pretty much in the single digits for weeks left (I start my 31st week tomorrow)! I can tell that I'm starting to feel "done" with being pregnant and just wanting to hold my babies safely in my arms. I'm feeling huge (even though I still don't think I look huge in my pictures...maybe I'm just used to how I look now??). I am starting to get more and more stretch marks. I'm actually bumping into things with my belly and the skin is so thin that I have all these little scratches. :-( I think I'm bigger than I think. LOL I'm starting to get more and more contractions (I think my body is getting close to being done too!). I don't remember what a good sleep feels like. I either can't get comfortable, I'm in horrible hip pain, when I roll over my belly kind of hurts because the babies are getting readjusted, or I'm going pee. Apparently I'm getting practice on sleep deprivation for when the babies get here. I should be pretty much a pro by then - right?? Ok probably not. LOL And last but not least on my list is I am starting to think more and more about getting in shape after these babies are born. I miss my pre-IVF/fertility issues body. I want to feel toned again and not big and blobby. I love my belly but man if I could have the rest of my body back I'd be happy. LOL OK well I love my belly now. Once our babies are here safely I'll be freaking out about that too. ;-) For now I will try to sit contentedly and just focus on growing big healthy babies and worry about my increasing weight later.
Yesterday I was having a "bad" contraction day. If I was up at all I'd start contracting. If I was laying down on the couch I was perfectly fine. So every time I got up to go to the bathroom - you guessed it - contractions started. That was fun (not)! Try going pee when your stomach is rock hard and you're short of breathe! I also had pain on my right side. Kind of like a pulled muscle. It seemed to go away or at least be much better when I was relaxing on the couch but came back and was sharp when I stood up. I'm guessing it was growing pains / round ligament pain. Everything seems to be better so far this morning. My plan was to call the DR today if it was still bothering me. We'll see how the day goes. My actual DR is out of town till next week so I have told the babies there is to be no excitement this week. LOL Besides all those worries, little Jocelyn moves so much less than her brother so it freaks me out daily. Walker is such a good little mover. I can feel him kick, stretch, roll...he moves my entire stomach. Jocelyn on the other hand takes hours at a time off for a good snooze and when she does wake up it's more little stretches that poke out and slight rolls. Once in awhile I'll get a good kick out of her. Sometimes I think maybe she's facing in because I feel a lot of internal kicks but I can't tell who is doing it. It seems like every few days she'll be nice and active and it totally reassures me and then she's quiet for a couple days and I spend those days freaking out - poking my belly...trying to find something sweet to eat to get her moving. I'll be SO happy to be far enough along to safely have them and hold them in my arms. All these Baby Story shows the ladies talk about how they felt safer with the babies inside of them. Me - I am loving being pregnant but I'll worry a lot less (I think LOL) when I can see with my own eyes that they are A-OK.
Fetal Development for 30 Weeks:
The light is visible at the end of the tunnel! Your oversized self and amazing growing baby have finally reached the single digits (in terms of weeks till birth)! The fine lanugo hair that has been growing all over their little monkey-like body is going to start falling off this week in preparation for the big day. But don’t be shocked if they’re hairier than you’d anticipated, some babies keep their lanugo until after birth. Still, it’s not any cause to be concerned as it will fall off eventually. No surprises here: your little porker is getting even cuter with increasingly pudgy arms and legs this week thanks to the ever-growing layers of subcutaneous fat. In terms of numbers, your baby should be weighing in at around 3 pounds 12 ounces (or more!) and be nearly 16 inches long.
My 30 Week Belly Pics:


2 comments:
Congratulations on making it to 30 weeks!! I remember counting down all those milestones! I am monodigirls on twinstuff!
Beautiful belly shot! Would you consider uploading it to my twin belly pics page at Raising Twins.com?
30 weeks is a wonderful milestone - I remember marking each day off the calendar with a sigh of relief knowing the babies would survive -
hang in a while longer - you can do it!
Kim
Post a Comment