Wednesday, July 1, 2009

7 Months - We're busy!



Seeing how I'm nearly a week behind on my monthly update...they are keeping me busy! I am actually really behind on uploading pictures as well but I have a lot of wonderful new ones so hopefully I'll get those uploaded within the next week or so. Walker and Jocelyn are now 7 months old! How did that happen?! That just seems so old. They're not itsy bitsy babies any longer. They're mobile little munchkins with big personalities.

Walker is sitting up on his own and can get in that position on his own as well. He started after Jocelyn but seems to do it much more "gracefully". He's slower to do things but seems to find the most efficient way. He hasn't started crawling yet. He still rolls everywhere but we think he's getting a bit frustrated. He's getting a tad bit whiny and I think it's more frustration than anything else. He does this funny swimming thing on his belly - moving his arms and legs but not going anywhere and that's when he seems the most ticked off. Like he's thinking this should work - what the heck!? ;-) Just today he got on his hands and knees and rocked for a couple seconds and he looked excited but then he went back to his tummy. I think he's getting close. His sleeping has definitely been interrupted the last week or so and I think he's hitting a bunch of milestones at once. Sitting up, "talking" a lot more, and maybe going to crawl soon?? I hope that happens quick so the sleep will get better. I remember Jocelyn's sleep was horrible when she started crawling but that was almost a month ago so I've kind of forgotten about it. It may be time to pull the pack and play back out and put Mr. Man in our room when he wakes so Jocelyn can sleep through his crazy wakeful hours (last night was 1am-3:30am!!). Other than that he's doing good. Eating meats, veggies, fruits now. I'm going to introduce yogurt towards the end of the month. Still no teeth but they're both chewing on everything and Walker is a drooling machine so maybe someday soon. I've also introduced the Gerber Puffs for finger foods. They totally haven't gotten the hang of it but it's only been 2 days so we'll keep working on it. They make some goofy faces when I put a piece of one in their mouths. Walker continues to love TV. He's watching Yo Gabba Gabba at the moment and is totally enthralled. It was the only way I could write this real quick (Jocelyn's napping). He's still such a little lover. Gives the best little hugs and cuddles. He has the sweetest smile.

Jocelyn is our mobile maniac! She has no fear! She reminds me a little bit of her brother, Nate. She started a commando/caterpillar type crawl at the beginning of the 6th month and has just recently started using her hands and knees in a proper crawl. She still finds the old method more efficient sometimes though. She's really picking up speed and we have to watch her constantly. I'm a little nervous when they both start crawling. ;-) She's finally starting to sleep better. She normally only wakes once a night. Yes - my babies STILL do not sleep through the night. I found Nate's baby calendar yesterday and it said he started sleeping through the night at the end of the 2nd month! No wonder I feel like this is nuts! ;-) We're getting there though. I think the biggest problem with the sleep is that when we were breastfeeding they were major snackers. That has sort of carried over to formula feeding. Even when I stretch out the time between bottles they are still only eating 3-4 oz at a shot. It's nuts. I think their little tummies are just not stretched out very much. Great for an adult but not so great for babies who need to get more rest. Back to little Jocelyn Rose. She is certainly a little firecracker - full of energy and big smiles. Don't tick her off though - she's likely to make your ear drums bleed. ;-) Besides crawling, she is sitting on her own (and getting in that position on her own), and starting to pull up on things! Yikes! She thinks the world is her Jungle Gym and her favorite is Daddy. Especially when he's sleeping. ;-) Her next favorite is probably Walker...that really ticks him off. First he can't get around as well as her and then she has the nerve to crawl ON and OVER him. Boy does he get mad. I think she finds it hilarious. LOL They're really starting to interact. We just got a video of them laughing at each other. I am really loving this age. It is so much fun to watch them grow together and play together. Oh - and they are starting to steal toys, pull what hair the other has, and just bug each other. SO there are the negatives if there has to be any. LOL

They're both doing great and I feel very blessed to have these little guys...even with sleep deprivation. ;-) We finally kind of have a schedule:

7am (ish) - Wake up and dress for the day, then bottle
7:30 - Breakfast - oatmeal and fruit
8:00 - Walk and play
9:00 - Nap
10-11 - Wake and bottle
1pm (ish) - Nap
2-3 - Wake and bottle
4:30 - Nap (30-45 min)
5:30-6 - Dinner
6:30 - Bath and books (trying to get this started as permanent)
7pm - bottle
7:30 - 8:30 - Bedtime (trying to get closer to 7:30 - 8 but if they wake from their last nap late sometimes it gets close to 9 - working on getting that smoothed out)

We still have a little work BUT we're a lot closer to having a schedule than we ever have been so we're working on this and we'll get it perfected. The plan for this month is adding in lunch (we do some days but not all) and snacks, more formula at a time, dropping the 3rd nap eventually, moving up bedtime, and hopefully (fingers crossed!) sleeping through the night!!

Here's a link to my Facebook page if you'd like to see the album there...it's the 7 month album...otherwise I'll hopefully have pics updated next week. Enjoy!

No comments: