Walker and Jocelyn turned 1 year old on November 26th which also fell on Thanksgiving this year! We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner and then turned it around to a Birthday party. :-) They had fun cupcakes which Walker loved (literally dove into it face first) and Jocelyn didn't eat any of it except for the frosting from my finger. LOL They did really like the present part though!! LOL I spent the night before their birthday watching videos from the first half of their year and boy have we come a long way! Thinking back to the pregnancy every moment was a miracle to me. It was definitely tiring and I was HUGE. LOL But I really did love and cherish every moment. Then came delivery time. Oh how excited I was to meet them and of course at that point GET THEM OUT!! LOL I remember walking down the LONG hallway to the operating room and having to tell the nurse to slow down cause I couldn't walk that fast. LOL Then waiting for the anesthiologist to come in and my Peri (OB) joking that maybe he needed a GPS device to find the operating room. LOL The epidural wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated thank goodness. Then came the big moment. First they pulled Walker out and the first thought I had was WOW is this really happening to me!!?? It was like a dream. After so many years of waiting and this was it!! He was beautiful. Bigger than I had imagined but just beautiful. Of course another thought was wow - I can breathe better!! LOL Then Jocelyn came a minute later. Another dreamy moment. How lucky can one woman be!!?? I just felt so blessed and I still do. Beautiful beautiful babies and they were all mine - well and Nick's. LOL It was amazing getting to know them those first few days and wonderful and challenging learning how to take care of two babies on my own when Nick went back to work. I was SO proud I was able to breastfeed both of them for 6 months exclusively!! Oh and the days of sleeping on the couch. Those days/nights are better left in the back of my brain!! LOL But there were so many beautiful moments in the middle of the night where I just looked down and said aaaahhh. There is nothing like this in the world. Pure bliss. :-) When we finally got them to sleep in their cribs it was AMAZING! LOL To sleep in a bed again - well that felt like pure bliss too. LOL Then they were crawling and moving all over the place. It has been so wonderful to watch them grow into little people. Now they walk and are almost running all over the place!! WOW! How far we have come! Of course when we found out we were pregnant again (huge miracle and wow!) I thought OK - these kiddos are getting to the point that they need to sleep through the night!! SO - we finally did CIO and within a couple of days they were STTN with no bottles. Since then, their schedules have really developed and life has become predictable for the most part. While there are still challenges and it is double the work, I LOVE LOVE LOVE having twins. It is so fun to sit back and just watch them interact with each other. I feel bad for the kids who don't have a twin brother/sister!! LOL My oldest son watches them play and says he wishes he had a twin too. :-) I know it's going to be a LOT of work once Ryder comes but I am thankful in a way that he will be so close in age to Walker and Jocelyn so they can all grow up together and play and be able to do the same things. I'm very excited to see all of them together!! Nick will be home in a little over 2 weeks now and I could not be more excited. I am counting down to the minutes!! Then we get to spend 2 weeks with him, he'll go back for the career training portion and 6 weeks later we'll go down there to watch him graduate and we'll be moving to our new home!! (hopefully we'll find out where that is by Christmas!) YAY! We can finally start our new life! Anyway, the kiddos are doing wonderful now. Getting into everything. Starting to talk - they chatter a lot! LOL They're learning their way around foods - slowly. They're picky little eaters! They're doing great on the sippy cups. We've transitioned them to whole milk. Next come the bottle weaning which I don't anticipate to be a big problem. The biggest issue will be the Paci's I think. I've pretty much decided to hold off on weaning them from those until after Ryder comes. I'm going to try and wean them from having them during the day unless they're really crabby but I think I'll hold off on night time for a little while. I don't know. I'll have to do some research on it. OH - they finally have teeth!!! Walker has 3!! The two on the bottom and the top left. The top right doesn't look too far behind. Jocelyn has the bottom 2!! YAY! Honestly I will be glad when teething is done. It makes them a bit cranky. LOL That's it for now. Here's a couple more pictures - these ones from their actual birthday and some links with lots more pictures! :-)
Walker, Jocelyn, and me - present time
Walker after his cupcake! He really dug in!
Jocelyn pretty much watched hers! LOL


1 comment:
Oh they are so cute! I just love their eyes! So fun to read up on them and your family! Sending mine and the twinkies loves!
Post a Comment