Sunday, December 18, 2011

Winter Birthdays and Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving and Winter Birthdays

The kids and I made foot/hand print turkeys  :-) 

Nick and Brandon cutting up the smoked turkey (it was DELICIOUS!)

Trying to get a picture of everyone eating Thanksgiving dinner
I know that as usual I am ridiculously behind but I had to catch up especially with 3 of my children's birthdays and Thanksgiving to talk about.  :-)  First of all, Nick finally finished up his Field work a few days before Thanksgiving.  YAY!  It has been SO nice to have him home on a daily basis.  We had quite a few people over to celebrate Thanksgiving with us and it turned out very nice.  Nick smoked not 1 but 3 turkeys!!  They turned out amazing of course.  :-)  We had everything you could imagine and it was all delicious.  I'm surprised we could all walk when all was said and done.  ;-)  After cleaning up from Thanksgiving we had a day break before Walker and Jocelyn's birthday party....

 
Walker and Jocelyn turned 3 years old on November 26th.  I can't believe my babies are 3 years old already!  I can remember so clearly going through so many fertility treatments to get them here and just knowing that cycle we would finally have success.  I even dreamed we would have boy/girl twins when were in the first few days of the cycle.  So amazing how it all worked out.  It seems like about a month before they turned 3 they just started acting so much more grown up.  It's amazing how much more they talk (although sometimes we still feel like we're beating our heads against a brick wall to understand what they're saying...the kids too LOL).  They are doing such a great job with the potty training.  Accidents are pretty much unheard of these days.  They are doing great at sleeping in their toddler beds.  Now whether they actually go to sleep when I tell them is a different story LOL but they don't fall out or anything and they sleep happily through the night.  I always think how difficult of a time I had with them those first few months when they slept ON me and I thought I'd never get a decent night sleep ever again.  I wish I could have been able to see the future.  LOL  All three of these little munchkins are great sleepers now.  I must have done something right and gotten something out of all those books and researching.  ;-)  Walker and Jocelyn both really like craft time and helping mommy with pretty much anything.  Nick has gotten a 1979 Camaro and Walker LOVES to go help with that.  Jocelyn is all about dollies and cooking.  Very much a little girl.  Walker likes cars and dinosaurs a lot.  They both also love story time a lot.  :-)  They had a great birthday party and we enjoyed some cupcakes instead of a full cake.  :-)  

Moving on to the next week.....
Happy 20th Birthday Nate
Nathan turned 20 years old on December 5th!  WOW!  He seriously needs to stop making me feel so old.  LOL  I really truly cannot believe that my biggest baby is already 20.  Not even a teenager anymore.  He's quickly learning that being an adult isn't quite as easy as it looks.  He is still working at Banfield Animal Hospital as a Veterinarian Assistant in Arlington, TX.  I don't hear from him nearly as much as I'd like to but I suppose maybe that's normal??  Still makes me sad but I know he's growing up.

Ryder - 20 months
My little Ryder man turned 20 months on Dec. 3rd.  He is such a combination of all of the kids.  He is into everything all the time and climbs like a monkey.  Sometimes I think he thinks he's a monkey.  LOL  He does goofy things all the time to try to make people laugh.  He's definitely our little joker.  He's still a little cuddle bunny.  Actually all of the little ones are.  Their favorite time of the day is when I sit down on the couch and read for a little bit (I LOVE my Kindle LOL) and they all pile up as close as they can to me and watch a movie while we all have some quiet time.  It takes about 5 minutes for everyone to stop fighting over who's sitting closest to my actual lap (whatever they deem is the center LOL) but once we get everyone settled it's actually peaceful here for a little while.  LOL

Nick decided to take 2 weeks of vacation since it's Block Leave here and we're just enjoying some family time.  It's nice to have so much time with him since he's been gone so much this year and will be gone again soon.  We're going to making Christmas Cookies this coming week so I'm sure I'll post those pictures with my Christmas post later this week.  For now, I am going to sign off and leave you with links to:

November Pictures (including Walker & Jocelyn's birthday)

and


Hope you enjoy!!  :-)

No comments: