Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Our first IVF

We have decided to move on to IVF. We felt like we were wasting our time and money with the IUI's. My RE also agreed that I make a lot of follicles but the eggs aren't so hot and I've had lining issues. SO they would have wanted to "up" my dosage on drugs and that would produce even more follicles. When you're doing IUI you don't want a ton of follicles / eggs because that would give you a huge chance of multiples (more than 2) if it worked. We would have definitely been looking at selective reduction and at least with IVF it is more controlled. Our RE said our chances at IVF are right around 60%. I like those odds. ;-) SO we're going through with it. Just to catch up until I can make this a real journal / blog:

6/21/07 - last BCP
6/23/07 - cycle day 1
6/24/07 - U/S, blood work - all clear - start 225 iu of Repronex (intramuscular - in the butt!!)
6/25/07 - 225 iu of Repronex
6/26/07 - 225 iu of Repronex
Looking forward:
6/27/07 - 225 iu of Repronex
6/28/07 - go back in for a monitor appointment
not sure on what meds and how much until I go to my appointment
7/3/07 - Estimated Egg Retrieval
7/6/07 - Estimated Embryo Transfer

SO far so good. The Repronex burns quite a bit going in but the pain/burning goes away pretty fast. I don't know that I'll ever get used to the IM shots - they hurt! I've only had 2 so far and I have a feeling my bum is going to be in some severe pain by the time we're done. ;-) In addition to the Repronex I also have to take Ganirelex (Antagon), hCG (trigger), and progesterone in oil (sesame oil - thick - yikes!!!!). The only one that is not IM in my poor bum is the Antagon - that's a smaller needle in my thigh. Here's a pic of my drugs (click on it to make it bigger):

No comments: