Monday, March 24, 2008

Things are looking brighter!!!



Things went much better today! I had 8 follies that they measured, lining looked better (Nick thinks it was 8mm but he's not sure). My follies were (all in mm):

Left side:
10
14.5
15
16.8
21!!!

Right side:
18.9
10.7
14.2

E2 (estrogen) = 1122!!

SO huge improvement over Friday and that 21 follie -whoah! It definitely shocked me! When the nurse called about my E2 she gave me my instructions as - LH is going up so Ganirelex NOW - that's what she said - NOW (LH is what causes ovulation and we do NOT want that to happen so the Ganirelex stops that). I'm at work - Ganirelex is at home. SO I had to rush out of here like a mad woman and go home and do the shot (mini freak out below on that). SO the plan is:

Today - Ganirelex @ 10:15am ; 5 vials of Repronex tonight
Tues. - Ganirelex @ 10:15am (at work...blek) ; 5 vials of Repronex in pm.
Wedn. - Another u/s and b/w but most likely the plan will be another Ganirelex at 10:15am, not sure about Repronex, hCG trigger shot Wedn. night
Thur - break from shots (woo hoo!)
Fri - Egg Retrieval!!! (should start PIO shots this night)

I can't believe we're so close! I'm thrilled everything is picking up speed. I'm concerned that big one is going to be over ripe but we'll see. There were smaller ones still that she didn't measure. SO my freak out on the Ganirelex - it's been awhile since I've done the Ganirelex and definitely since I've done my own shot. There was an air bubble in the prefilled shot (which I think is quite normal) so I flicked the shot and went to push the plunger up to get rid of the air bubble. Anyway - a small amount of medicine squirted out because the darn plunger was hard to push so of course when it finally went it went too fast. I would have cried if anymore came out but I think it was just a little bit. Hopefully that should be ok. I'm asking the trusty girls on my bulletin board. Anyway that's about all I have. I'm excited and hoping the meds are doing what they're supposed to do and the Ganirelex is stopping ovulation and the Repronex is building up those smaller follicles and my lining. :-)

1 comment:

George said...

Wow...things are looking perfect, and your ER is so close! I'm thrilled for you...fingers and toes are crossed!!!