
Today was our first monitoring appointment. For some reason I went in a little worried that I would be over producing because I'm on so much more than I was last time. I had fears that they would cancel me because my estrogen level was too high. OK - so those fears only popped up slightly but it wasn't a serious worry. After all I've never been a brilliant responder. SO I was a lot shocked and even more disappointed when I went in for my ultrasound and saw very few follicles and a barely there lining. She only measured one follicle on my left side which measured somewhere between 8 and 13 (I know that's a big difference but Nick can't remember the #). The right said had two that she measured. Those were 8 and 13.4. She said there were other smaller follicles but she didn't measure them. Apparently the lining was of concern because she did this cool thing on the ultrasound that added color! We were ooohing and ahhhing over that because she'd never done that before. Come to find out it shows blood flow. We've never done that before because the lining has never been THAT bad. Apparently she wanted to check to see if there was ANY blood flow going to my uterus. Plenty of color showed up and she said blood flow is good but lining - not so good. She thought they would probably "up" my dose to 6 vials but we'd wait and check on the bloodwork. SO of course until the nurse called me I was FREAKING out. Deciding that if this time didn't work we should probably scrap me doing this again with my own eggs because they suck and they can't even put off enough estrogen to make a proper lining. I was quite disgusted. Luckily the nurse called me early this time (10:14!!). She said my estrogen levels were actually pretty good - 340! She said we're staying at 5 vials and they'll see me back on Monday morning. I said that my estrogen level is quite good compared to the bad ultrasound we just had. She said that it is still early and I'll be fine and to relax (easier said than done). Overall she made me feel better. I looked up last IVF's stats and it looks like I went in after 4 shots for my first appointment then (this time was only 3 shots). For my last IVF I had like 8 measurable follicles (definitely an improvement over my whole whopping 3) and I didn't write down the lining # so maybe I didn't even pay attention to it then?? Anyway after 4 days of shots my estrogen level was 302. SO I'm 1 day less on shots and my estrogen this time is 340 so I suppose maybe everything will be ok. PLEASE follies and lining grow grow grow!!!!!! Yes - I am definitely back on the roller coaster.
No comments:
Post a Comment