Saturday, March 29, 2008

We have 7 embryos growing!!!!!



Above is a picture of a newly fertilized embryo (not mine - it is from: Advanced Fertility - also more pics of embryos) - you can see the 2 cells on the inside which shows it has been fertilized and the cells are beginning to split. For pictures of ICSI (which I find very interesting) go to: Advanced Fertility of Chicago - ICSI pictures

I was doing pretty good yesterday and sorta good this morning not being super antsy for the phone call. Just trying to send all the positive thoughts to my little ones in the lab. :-) I was starting to get a little more antsy when the nurse called at 7:41 am!! I was so excited they called early! She went over everything and again said that they retrieved 7 eggs. They used ICSI on all 7 and all 7 fertilized normally and are happily growing right now!!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!! I'm a very very happy and excited girl. This is a huge hurdle and I'm so glad that all of them made it over! SO now we just pray and cross our fingers and send TONS of positive thoughts to the little embryos to keep growing and be nice and healthy!! The nurse will call me tomorrow with an update and said that we will be transferring on Monday at about 10:00am but they will let me know tomorrow the definite time. Monday my DR will call and tell me the quality of the little sweet embryos (I'm already quite attached to them :-) ) and ask me how many I want to put in. I'm still shooting for 3. My sister voted for 4 and said go big or go home. LOL I love her so much. I said we'd see how the quality is. If it's excellent I still want to put back 3. I'm probably crazy but it's just a gut instinct number that I've been set on since we started this back in June. Anyway - I'm feeling much better from egg retrieval. Yesterday I was quite sore and also bleeding more than I think I did last time. I was a little concerned about that but it seems to have gone away this morning. My ovaries feel much better today but I'm still going to take it easy. I'll update tomorrow. For now I'm celebrating. :-)

No comments: