Thursday, July 3, 2008

16 Weeks

We're 16 weeks today! I still don't really feel like time is flying but I'm enjoying the time. It's a little less stressful now that I'm well into my 2nd trimester but I still have little paranoid moments. ;-) I think that's kind of normal. I'm still loving my Doppler. I can feel them moving around more and some days they're really active. Last Sunday I could feel one of them (I think Jocelyn) throw some really good kicks. I even saw my stomach move once! Unfortunately I haven't caught enough of them for Nick to feel. I'm starting to feel Walker more often now. This week they've been kind of quiet. I feel more bumps but nothing too hard although when I use the Doppler I can hear them moving all over. SO I'm thinking that I just can't quite feel them all the way yet or they're facing to the inside a lot so it's harder to feel them. Total guessing on my part. Other than that I'm pretty much completely nausea free. I'm going to the bathroom less which is kind of freaking me out but all the books say that happens when the babies move up. My stomach takes on different looks throughout the day. I think it may be the way the babies are laying. Sometimes (like right now) it looks like they're all squished together more in the bottom of my tummy. Other times they must stretch out more because I get that volleyball under the shirt look going on. Who knows. :-) I'm trying to get used to the aches and pains of the growth spurts. Sometimes they really hurt though. It seems to help if I just lay down and take it easy so maybe that is what my body is trying to tell me I need to do. ;-) Anyway - here's the 16 week update from i-am-pregnant.com
Dates and numbers: There are 167 days until your due date on December 18, 2008.
You are 113 days pregnant.
You are 3.7 months pregnant.
You are in your 4th month of pregnancy.
Your 1st trimester: March 13, 2008 to June 11, 2008. (0 - 12 weeks)
Your 2nd trimester: June 12, 2008 to September 24, 2008. (13 - 27 weeks)
Your 3rd trimester: September 25, 2008 to December 18, 2008. (28 - 40 weeks)

At this point of your pregnancy, your baby is approximately 4.3 to 4.6 inches long and weighs 2.8 ounces. Not only is your baby growing, your uterus and placenta continue to grow to accommodate the growing baby inside of you! Just six weeks ago, your uterus weighed about 5 ounces. This week it now weighs 8.75 ounces! The amniotic fluid that surrounds the baby is increasing and there is about 7.5 ounces of fluid. You will easily be able to feel your uterus approximately three inches below your navel.

Your milk glands start production at this time and this causes some tenderness and swelling in early pregnancy. Your veins will become more visible because there is an increased amount of blood flowing to the breasts.

Five and a half inches tall and only six ounces in weight. The child can grasp with his hands, kick, or even somersault.

At this time, your baby is holding her head erect. Because her muscles are developing, she can make some faces now. Your baby is able to squint, frown and open its mouth. There is enough calcium in the bones that they will show up on an x-ray. Your baby's fingernails are well formed now and the legs are longer than the arms. Because your baby is moving well now, you may begin to feel his movements! Some women say that the early movements feel like gas bubbles or a slight flutter. If you have not yet felt the baby move, don't worry. Fetal movements are usually felt between the 16th and 20th week of pregnancy.

You may feel your heart beating 'louder'. This is because there is a lot more blood in your body than normal. (about 20-25% more)

Here's my 16 week picture. Maybe I'll post one later for a comparison so you can see the wacky difference!! LOL

No comments: