Wednesday, August 27, 2008

24 Weeks - Ultrasound Pics



First of all I just want to take a moment to remember our little Angel baby that we lost last year. Today is the one year anniversary. Instead of being sad I am celebrating the time we were able to spend with each other and I know that she or he is watching over us right now and keeping us all safe. I will always have a little Angel sitting on my shoulder. :-) I prayed so hard that come this time I would be safely pregnant and big to feel confident. My prayers were answered. I am so very thankful to be where I am today. I'll always miss our little one but he or she will always be in my heart. I am confident that she or he would want me to move on and be so happy for the miracles we have been given now. And now for the update on those little miracles :-)

24 Weeks!! We've reached a big milestone in pregnancy - viability! Not that we want our little sweethearts to come out anytime soon but today is when most DR's agree that they would be viable if they were born. Amazing! :-)

We had our DR appointment yesterday and it went pretty well. I had a rough morning myself. I almost blacked out. Just making a sandwich...heart started racing, got real dizzy and flushed, by the time I almost got to the couch everything was going black. NOT a fun feeling at all. Luckily I sank down into the couch just as I was going out and after some deep breathing it cleared up and I was just real dizzy. That was very scary. I was dizzy the rest of the morning and off and on throughout the day. This morning I started to have another episode but now that I know the signs I was able to sit down faster. I'm still trying to get courage to get up and moving again. The DR ran a CBC on me along with my glucose test. I passed the glucose (gestational diabetes) test as far as I know (they said they'd call if I flunked). I did get a call about my CBC though. Turns out I'm anemic and have to take 375mg of Iron twice a day (65mg of elemental iron) and take 250mg of Vit. C with each dose for absorption. I started that last night so hopefully it will kick in soon. The DR told me to take it VERY slow and easy and I honestly don't know how much slower I could go. I'm the definition of lazy - at least I feel like it. Happily that laziness is paying off!! Not for my house ;-) BUT at least for the babies. My cervical length is still 5 cm!! The DR and I are both amazed since I went into preterm labor with my son. He said 5cm is great even for a singleton pregnancy. He says the babies seem to be in there for the long haul so that is good news!! My blood pressure went down a little which was good news as well. It was 136/68 (or 78...can't remember the bottom number for sure). NOW for the great news!! The babies are weighing in at as much as a singleton baby would for right now. DR was very happy with that. Walker is 1 lb. 8 oz. and Jocelyn is 1 lb. 6 oz. We were so happy to hear that. He said put together they weigh as much as a baby would in the 8th month - which is why I look like I'm 8 months pregnant. Hee hee. They are moving all around now and after yesterdays ultrasound I have no idea who is kicking me where. The tech said they are in a Yin Yang position. (Hence the pic at the top of this! :-) ). Walker is still head down and I don't know how he would move at this point. He looks SO squished in his 3D picture. Jocelyn is still breech (or head up). We didn't get any 3Ds of her this time. They are just basically wrapped around each other so there are arms and legs everywhere!! I have to return my Fetal Doppler today so I'm glad they're moving so much. I was hoping to be moved to weekly appointments since I'm sending the Doppler back but the Doc was so happy with everything (minus the anemia I'm sure) that he is having me back in 2 weeks. Maybe it will make the time go by faster?? I'll be 26 weeks then and I'm sure I'll be begging to be taken off work by that point. Here's the babies update:

Fetal Development is Week 24:
This is another big week for your magical growing baby! Just take a look at the checklist for this week: 1) ears: done; 2) fingernails: done; 3) (if you have a boy) testicles: taking their 3-4 day trip from the abdominal wall to the scrotum; and 4) lungs walls: secreting “surfactant”. What’s that? Well, surfactant is sort of what it sounds like: a surface-activated fat whose main purpose is to assist the your baby's little lungs during inflation (as in, filling with air, not getting more expensive). Just in case you’re curious, your submerged baby is still breathing in amniotic fluid, preparing and rehearsing the lungs an oxygen-filled life outside the womb. By the end of this week, your child will be weighing around 2 lbs and 14 inches long. Your cutie-patootie may even be a little more plump, but isn't anywhere near their full baby-fatted cute-self. Most of the “filling out” is coming up in that long awaited (and slightly dreaded?) third trimester. Woo-hoo! Get ready!

Here are their wonderful ultrasounds!












AND last but not least some belly shots. I put a front view on as well today. I call it my Santa Claus pose because I feel like Santa with his big belly and it definitely shakes when I laugh!! LOL


No comments: