Thursday, August 21, 2008

23 Weeks - my sweethearts are definitely moving more!

I'm at 23 weeks today! Looking at my pictures from last week and this week it seems that the babies are moving up. I keep feeling like I'm not getting any bigger - although my scale and tape measure say different. ;-) I'm just a worry wart in any case. I think what is making a difference in the way I'm seeing myself is my tummy doesn't seem to be sticking out much farther or wider but definitely seeing it creeping up towards my boobs!! LOL The other day I think Jocelyn was trying to climb into my ribs - head first of course. I can feel her head - nice hard and round! LOL It is normally on the right side of my belly towards the top and she seems to move her arms around a lot. Although I think some of the "kicks" or punches I feel at the bottom of my belly might be her feet sometimes as opposed to punches from Walker. Anyway - I could feel Jocelyn's head way up high kind of between my ribs and it felt like she was trying to get her hands under my ribs. Darling girl, it's not a cave!! LOL I was kind of blown away by this feeling - considering I've got Walker pressing down way down low. LOL I gently pushed on her head and she went back down a bit giving me some room to breathe. It was pretty cool. She seems to be more active at like 3 AM! Walker is more active during the day. I think he's the one with the anterior placenta but I can feel him more for some reason. When Jocelyn's moving though she's moving and throws out some good punches and kicks. This has to be the best time of pregnancy. Just feeling them move and seeing them!! I can sit for an entire hour (when they're awake! LOL) and just watch my stomach. It is just such an amazing miracle. Most times they'll take turns with the movements. I don't know if they take turns napping or what but it seems like one will be awfully busy and then quiet down and then the other one takes over and then they'll both go back to sleep. When they're both moving it definitely feels like a circus in there!! :-)

I'm doing ok physically. I'm definitely exhausted. Tuesday I went home early on nurse's / doctor's orders and laid down the rest of the day due to some pelvic pressure that was really bothering me. I'm wondering if these little ones will be born on a Tuesday since that is the day things tend to act up for me. When I was pregnant with my son I had gone into preterm labor around the end of my 7th month and every single Thursday my contractions would go crazy. Sure enough he was born on a Thursday. SO I'm going with a Tuesday for these kiddos. ;-) After laying down for the rest of the day I felt better. It's amazing what laying down does for me. I went back to work yesterday and felt pretty good in the morning and then had some contractions pick up speed in the afternoon. I drank TONS of water and attempted to lean back as far as I could in my chair and lean to the left. I really wish there was somewhere for me to lay down at work. Until my DR takes me out I really can't afford to keep going home. Once he takes me out then my "disability" pay starts - until then it's sick time or unpaid and my sick time is just about gone after Tuesday. :-( Anyway - hope all will be well. I laid down quite a bit last night. Tonight we have our Infant Feeding / Breastfeeding class at the hospital. I'm excited about that and hoping for some good tips on breastfeeding twins. We also have our Prepared Childbirth class on Saturday. It's from 8am-5pm but it's just one day. I'm really looking forward to that and hoping it helps both of us. Nick's never been through this before and it's been a LONG time since I have so I think it is well worth our time. Anyway - here's the babies updates and belly pics of course. :-)

Fetal Development at 23 Weeks
At this point you’ve pretty much adjusted to the fact you’ve got a moving little gymnast inside of you, but now they’re going to kick up the party a notch because they can hear and react to sounds from the outside world. Sounds from your alarm clock, a thunder roll, or that darned car honking at you across the intersection can actually jar their little ears enough to elicit a kick or violent bout of squirming. Of course this also means that their little ears are picking up the sounds of your voice and those near you. So go ahead, sing a lullaby to your little angel—if they start kicking, it’s likely they just want you to stop… or maybe it was a kick of approval? You decide. Your baby's tiny taste buds are still growing and their bones are continuing to ossify (harden), their tiny veins are visible through their translucent yet wrinkly skin. (Think of it this way: they’ve been swimming in the equivalent of a long hot bath for the past 23 weeks, so you can’t blame them for being a little prune-like.)


1 comment:

George said...

Looking great, mommy! How's your back doing? Don't worry about growth - you and the babies will grow...some weeks more than others. Don't be concerned!

Good luck with those classes. We start ours in about a week.