Friday, December 12, 2008

They are already 2 weeks old!!




I can't believe my little pumpkins are 2 weeks (and 2 days) old already!! Time is already flying. We got the above picture taken when they were 9 days old. They did pretty good at their photo shoot. It's been a busy week so I haven't been on for awhile. It's still busy but I'm getting a little better typing 1 handed ;-) . Both babies came home from the hospital with a bit of jaundice and weight loss issues. The both went down 10% from their birth weight so we've had a few extra Dr appointments. We also have had to supplement here and there but my milk came in the day we left the hospital and my kiddos much prefer their momma than a bottle...which is really good but made supplementing a challenge. Luckily we haven't had to do that much. Jocelyn's jaundice got worse while Walker stayed borderline then got better. She had to be on bili lights here at home for 4 days. It was a pain but luckily she improved quickly. The only side effect seems to have been gaining weight back. She actually lost weight this past weekend. We had their 2 week appointment yesterday and thankfully her weight finally went up quite a bit. She weighed 6 lbs 4 oz so only an oz away from her birth weight so the Doc said she was happy. No more supplements!! Walker is doing great. He was 6 lbs 6oz which is great. He was 6lbs 2oz at birth. The Doc said they're both perfect. YAY!! I was beginning to feel like a failure with the weight issue.

Jocelyn on her bili light belt:


Nights have been rough. They just want to eat all the time right now. Lately I just sit in the middle of the nights trying to feed them both (or more likely because I'm having a hard time tandeming in bed going from one to the other and getting zero sleep). I can't get any sleep. I feel like I'm never going to sleep again (which I know is not true and I just need to get through these first few weeks). Anyway 2 nights ago I actually just broke down and cried because I don't want to feel frustrated. They need to eat and they're just growing so fast right now. I think it all just built up. I am about ready to chop my hair off so that I actually may have time to wash my hair more than every few days. I just keep telling myself a few more weeks and things will start to change and I just need to appreciate these early days because they will be gone before I know it. My mother in law suggested that I go down and watch TV in the middle of the night while I'm up so I have something other to concentrate than crying, hungry babies and me staring into the night wishing for sleep. My husband is a wonderful help but he has to go to work and I feel bad waking him up when he can't do much for me anyway with the breastfeeding. Since going between upstairs and downstairs is a lot of work I decided to sleep in the living room with the munchkins last night to see how that would go. I really missed my bed and missed my husband even more. BUT we all got better sleep (granted we fell asleep with them on my nursing pillow and me sitting up but hey...whatever it takes for sleep right!??). I was able to tandem (feed them at the same time) because it's much easier on the couch to get them up/down and balance the pillow. I think I may have gotten 5-6 hours of sleep total which is pretty darn good! SO we might do this for a little while till they start sleeping better. I'm going to try and get them in their little bassinet thing though instead of sleeping with me though. Bad habit! I think I was just over tired and right now I'll do about anything for sleep. ;-)

Their little personalities are really starting to come through. Walker is pretty patient and is getting more alert and just likes to look around. He is usually willing to wait for food just a bit longer than his sister. His biggest complaint is a dirty diaper. Even if it is just a little wet he will scream. Hopefully that will continue so potty training won't be horrid. Jocelyn is our little drama queen. She is pretty demanding and has a very high pitched scream and let's you know when she's ready to eat. She is also very alert and loves to look around. They are both very sweet and cuddly. They smile a lot in their sleep and I can't wait till they are actually smiling at us because they have THE cutest smiles. I just melt every time. They both have wonderful neck control. We can't believe how strong and alert they are already. They're both just perfect and I love getting to know them. I just sit and stare at them. Maybe if I'd stop doing that and take more naps I'd feel better!! LOL

I think they're waking up for more food so I better get going. I'll add a couple more pics. We've taken a ton!

1 comment:

George said...

I love seeing new photos of your little ones...they are such cute little blondies and seem to always be cuddling...so adorable! You must be in LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I'm sometimes sad to think we could have had twins too...when I found out I was preggo with Julian there were actually 2 sacs, not just one. But the 2nd sac didn't develop and we were left with our one sweet, little, healthy man!

Anyway, I'm so surprised you had time to get pro photos done...that's so great! It's worth it to get these done periodically to capture these special times as they grow...and they grow fast, beleive me. I can't beleive we left the hospital with Julian (he was 5 1/2 lbs when we came home...and a bit over 2 months later he's over 14 pounds).

I'm so happy for you...and love hearing about how the twins are doing...hope you get more rest as they continue to get bigger and bigger!!! I know you must be so exhausted and feel like a milk machine (especially with two).