Thursday, January 8, 2009

6 Weeks Old!

Walker and Jocelyn turned 6 weeks old yesterday. They are doing great. We’re still working on our sleeping issues and probably a good portion of why we haven’t made much progress is Nick and I really like our sleep. LOL The thought of me giving up 4-5 hour sleep stretches at night to get them and me in our own beds (and probably spending at least a few days of getting up every 20 minutes) sounds horrible. Nick gets the bed and upstairs to himself so I really don’t think he’s in a hurry. ;-) I think he probably gets pretty normal sleep. I think though I want to start trying this weekend and move one crib into our room to start with and try the crib (vs. the pack and play). They like the mobiles more and I’ve been trying to get them to fall asleep in their swings more during the day. Anything to get them off me more ;-). SO wish us luck!! I have a feeling it will be a long process and I’m such a sucker for them crying – especially now that they are really getting the tears working. I feel horrible when I have to let one cry because I’m changing the other’s diapers! Told you – world class sucker here!! :-)

The little munchkins are doing great on their growth. They had a DR appointment on Tuesday and she said they look wonderful. Walker was 8 lbs 3.2 oz. He was 21 ¼ in. long and his head was 14 ¾ inches. (He was 6 lbs 6 oz at his 2 week check) Jocelyn was 7 lbs 13.6 oz. She was 20 ¼ in. long and her head was 13 ¾ in. (She was 6 lbs 4 oz at her 2 week check) They go back on the 27th for their 2 month check and their first round of shots. Yikes! I’m not looking forward to that.

Yesterday was also the first time I had to leave them. I had to take my son, Nate, to court. Have I mentioned before how much I enjoy the teenage years?! (Total sarcasm in case you didn’t pick that up) Nick’s parents were able to come stay with them and they did great!! They took their bottles (we’ve been worried about that since they’re exclusively breast-fed….we did start giving them a bottle of formula every few days to get them used to it and give me a chance to pump). Anyway they took their bottles with no fussing and I amazingly had enough pumped breastmilk so they didn’t have to use the formula. I was gone for 3 hours (I hate court!!!) and brought a bottle with me in case I needed to go in the bathroom and hand express but I made it and just wanted to get home to them. Jocelyn was happily asleep on Grandpa’s chest (awwww so cute!) and Walker was scarfing down 3 oz. in a bottle so I decided to pump and I got 5 oz!!! That’s a record for me! I’m sure if I pumped more I’d have more but I just rarely find time because they eat SO often (every 1 ½ - 2 hours…from start to start!). That’s one reason we give them formula once every few days so I can try to get a supply of mama’s milk for when I have to be gone. We are going to a holiday party for Nick’s work next weekend and I must say I feel much more comfortable leaving them knowing they did so good this time. I still miss them like crazy and can’t wait to get back to them. It will be nice to have a little adult time though. Now if I can find something to wear!! I still have so much to lose and definitely still have a little tummy. I go to my 6 week appointment tomorrow so I’m anxious to find out if my uterus is just taking it’s sweet time going down or if it’s all blubber and skin. Ewww. Someday I’ll have somewhat of my body back. It’s all worth it for these guys though.

Here’s some pics:
12/30/2008

1/5/2009 - having fun with their new activity gym

1/7/2009 - Walker...I caught a little smile! Hoping to catch more of those from both of them!

Jocelyn looking around. She makes all sorts of fun expressions with her mouth.

They are getting so big. I think Walker is definitely ready to move to size 1 diapers and newborn clothes are starting to get snug. They are so sweet :-)

2 comments:

George said...

Great photos of the kiddies...they are growing so quickly...6 wks already? Your doing a great job, mom!!!

Tracy said...

Just found your blog! Your twins are so adorable!