
Walker was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday afternoon due to a red, hot, swollen lump on his neck under his right ear and fever. Both babies have had a nasty cold...like the rest of us...and Jocelyn got an ear infection but apparently Walker got the infection in his lymph nodes. After SEVEN tries they finally got an IV started for antibiotics. My poor little baby. I was trying to stay strong for him and talk him through it but was in tears with him. He's spent most of the time sleeping. We got a DR to order Jocelyn to room-in since I breastfeed. SO both babies and Nick and I are all in the hospital room. He had a CT Scan yesterday and he has infected lymph nodes. Several enlarged ones and one deep one that is absessed. They've added one more antibiotic to his mix in his IV to see if that will help. His poor little neck looks better than yesterday and his spirits are up but still not a significant improvement. He'll be on the IV for at least another 48 hours. After 48 hrs on the IV they'll decide if they're going to do surgery to drain the absess, leave him on IV longer, or if he's well enough to go home on oral meds. SO we'll be here till Saturday at least is my guess. What a LONG week. I was just starting to get them used to their new home, a schedule and now this. At least they finally take Paci's. That helps and they all of a sudden have learned to self soothe and put themselves to sleep so it does help a lot. Anyway, keep our little Walker man in your thoughts and prayers and hopefully we'll be home soon. We have the laptop at the hospital now so we'll update when we have more news.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness...I am praying for little Walker. I hope those antibiotics do the job - so he can avoid surgery. I'm sure you're a wreck...and will pray for you and your family too! He's in good hands at the hosptial...have faith that he will get better quickly. GOOD LUCK honey.
Post a Comment