Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 2013

Our Family - April 2013


May - already??!!  Time is flying by already this year.  Lots has happened this year.  I suppose I'll start off with me.  ;-)  In February I had surgery - a full hysterectomy to include the cervix and both ovaries.  I was lucky enough to have a great friend of ours from El Paso to come stay with us the full 6 weeks of my major recovery.  I am not allowed to do HRT due to endometriosis so I have hit menopause via a brick wall.  Not fantastically fun but I'm dealing.  ;-)  Hot flashes would be much more acceptable in the very cold parts of winter compared to the heat and humidity we are now going into however I suppose I'll take those as opposed to the pain I was in.  ;-)  I have also been diagnosed as having bi-polar disorder.  It was a little surprising but not a whole lot as my youngest sister has it and as I look back on my life I can definitely see periods of times that I was not quite myself.  I am happy to report they have meds that make me feel "better".  I'm currently taking Effexor (75mg) and Abilify (5mg).  They seem to be helping with mood swings and possibly even the hot flashes.  In any case I am frustrated with having yet another "label" but relieved they have found out what is "wrong" so they can help me feel "normal".  Lots of quotations there  ;-)

Walker and Jocelyn have done AMAZING in preschool!  They both have learned a lot.  Walker has really matured socially and Jocelyn is like a sponge when she comes to learning.  They will go back next Fall to pre-K at the same school.  Ryder is doing great and was assessed this week to see if he will qualify for the preschool / pre-K.  He has some vision problems (tendancy towards a "lazy eye" if we don't get it corrected before he is 7), speech problems (blending), and major separation problems (I had to go through each "station" with him...most other parents wait in the waiting room...he refused to let go of me).  HOPEFULLY he'll qualify because the difference in the twins is very apparent since they've started preschool.  I'll find out next Tuesday if he got in or will have to go on the wait list.

We finally decided that Fort Bragg will be our #1 choice when Nick finally gets to put down his wish list (which should be soon).  It had the most pros in our pros/cons list.  I know quite a few people there also which also will make it nice.  :-)  Fort Belvoir is our #2 and I can't say I would be sad at all to get that.  It looks beautiful there.  The houses are fantastic, the post is small, it's directly south of Mount Vernon (which I fell in love with when we were vacationing there), and I also have some great friends getting stationed there.  Hawaii I could do without and it sounds like they are pretty over-strength so maybe we'll be good with NOT getting there.  ;-)  I seriously really hope we don't get there.  :-)

Other than that just been chugging along and enjoying my kiddos.  I've started babysitting full time for a 5 yr old and that's been going pretty good.  I'm about ready to fall asleep so here's the pics:

CLICK HERE for April Photos
Brandon (who helped out during my surgery/recovery) and Ryder - during a craft day


Me with Walker and Jocelyn during a Craft Day


My wonderful Craft / Playgroup Ladies

Ladies Lunch!  :-)

CLICK HERE for Easter Photos
Ryder and me on his 3rd Birthday!  Celebrating with a breakfast at Cracker Barrel  :-)


Ryder's super cool cake that Nick helped make (OK mostly made)
Me and my little munchkins

CLICK HERE for Ryder's Birthday Photos -  Ryder turned 3! 
Ryder turned 3!  My Dad, Sister, and my oldest son, Nate came for the party and to visit!  We had such a great time and it was so wonderful to spend some quality time with Nate!


The little ones with Grandpa Sanne
A big kiss from big brother Nate
Operation Attack Nate  ;-)
Grandpa Sanne and Jocleyn
My awesome friends
Almost all my boys - Walker, Nate, and Ryder
My oldest - Nate
My Daddy and me  :-)
Nate enjoys Happy Hollow as much as I do - SO relaxing!
Flying Kites  :-)
Designing Flower Pots and planting flowers

 
My crazy children- the nudist boy (Ryder) in the middle LOL.




















CLICK HERE for Craft Photos

CLICK HERE FOR A Spring BBQ Photos



CLICK HERE for End of Academics BBQ Photos   -- Nick did fantastic in Academics.  I think he finished that phase as #2 in his class!  So proud of him.  I believe he is either #1 or tied for 1 currently in Operator's Phase.

CLICK HERE for May Photos





We've had a great time and now we're just about officially half way done here.  I do love it here but I am about ready to move on and get settled somewhere semi-permanent for awhile.  :-)

Grandma and Grandpa Wyant surprised us with a visit too!

No comments: