Using BB (bulletin board) lingo here :-) It has been 1 week since we transferred those two beautiful little embryos. At this point they should be blastocysts. This very cool website (http://www.visembryo.com) has very neat stages and pics and HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed as always!!) our little ones have implanted and are still growing. If this were a "normal" pregnancy then I would be 10 days past ovulation today. This is what it says:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Implantation Complete
SIZE: 0.1 - 0.2 mm
TIME PERIOD: 7 - 12 days post-ovulation
Trophoblast cells continue to engulf and destroy cells of the uterine lining creating blood pools and stimulating new capillaries to grow - beginning the growth of the placenta.
The blastocyst inner cell mass differentiates into two layers:
EPIBLAST The top layer of cells (dark blue) which will become the embryo and amniotic cavity.
HYPOBLAST Lower layer of cells (yellow) which become the yolk sac.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pretty cool!
It's been a long week at work, which is why I haven't added any updates. Last Sunday I was pretty crampy all day and then finally started feeling better on Monday. All was good - started losing some of the bloating and walking normally. I haven't really gained any of the weight back but definitely stopped losing the bloat and I'm really bloated now. Seriously look like I'm 4 months preggo. My tummy's hard as a rock. SO odd. Hopefully we'll get those babies to fill it out soon!! SO all was well physically except work has been horribly stressful (HORRIBLY!!) so I am scared that is affecting all this. Thursday I started cramping really bad off and on through the day and at about 4:45pm I was almost doubled over in pain and crying my eyes out. I don't know if I was crying from the pain or from the stress of it all and frustration with work. Sadly enough I still had about an hour of work left to do before I could leave so I had to work as fast as I could through the tears and the pain. NOT a good day or evening. I went home, laid down, and raised my legs and feet up on pillows and I started feeling a lot better. SO I decided maybe it was ok. It was a very odd "in the depths of the womb" sort of cramp that lasted about an hour or so that was quite bad. Friday I decided to walk away from my desk more and take every break (instead of working through them) and keep doing my deep breaths and I felt a lot better (I have also been doing my meditations every night - helps A LOT!).
I'm still crampy but it's more "twingy" now then full blown cramps. I've read cramping can be a good sign with implantation and the sort (and Thursday I would have been "8 days past ovulation" which is right on schedule for implantation). SO I'm praying that it was indeed implantation and it wasn't just my darn endometriosis or my body rejecting the sweet innocent little ones. I'm fully enjoying not being at work for two day!! However I still have things to do but I'm trying to take it easy.
I have 3 days until my pregnancy test (beta/blood) and I was waivering about taking a home pregnancy test in the next few days to give myself a "preview" of the results and an emotional cushion in case it comes back negative. I'm completely scared and nervous and excited about the whole thing. I am getting "the call" at work on Tuesday and I don't want to be a wreck at my desk if it's negative but what is a working girl to do ;-). I finally decided against buying one as I'll be upset if it's negative either way.
I'm trying SO hard to be positive and I can completely "see" them growing and turning into little babies in there but at the same time I feel like - it's always negative - why should it be positive this time. YEP I'm going through all the emotional drama this weekend!! I'm still on the lovely PIO (progesterone in oil) shots and still at 1cc as my bloodwork came back good. SO that may be adding to the emotions.
My butt is not getting any more used to the shots however I have come up with a good method to help reduce the long term pain!! I set my phone alarm for 15 minutes before shot time and then get the vial of PIO and stick it in my bra (I know you totally wanted to know that!) to get it warm with body heat. While I'm doing that I sit on a heating pad for 5-10 minutes. Then we go up and load up the shot - we found that the 22 gauge needle delivers the PIO MUCH faster than the 25 guage even though the needle hurts me more. Honestly the faster we can get it in the better! SO I'm dealing. Then once he's done with the shot I put a wet hot washcloth on the injection site for a few minutes and then go back to the heating pad for about 20 minutes. That seems to help it feel better and reduces the pain later as well.
SO that is my updates for now. I hope and pray that I have good news to share on Tuesday (if I don't write before that!). If not - then we'll move on to our next plan of action (that's one of those Plan B's that I don't know yet!! ;-) ).
No comments:
Post a Comment