Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ultrasound Picture - 6 Weeks




Here is my ultrasound picture!! You can click on it to make it bigger. I'm still amazed that we have twins growing in there!! It's just so wonderful. Now that I've had a little time for it to sink in I am just over the moon. I am so happy and so in love with these little babies. It's VERY difficult to see the actual babies in this picture. You can clearly see the gestational sacs (the two black circles). The nurse put a and b inside the sac - so if you are thinking the babies look a little like letters - that's why. LOL For some reason they always name multiples with A, B, and so on. Apparently there is no rhyme or reason to it because she just picked one and went with it. LOL I wish we could see our little ones better in the picture but I feel a lot of comfort knowing that she did a lot of measuring the little beans and we definitely did see two little hearts flickering away on the screen. That is a huge milestone and I'm just going to run with it. I'm still feeling very pregnant. My "morning" sickness has turned into night sickness which is at this moment starting to come on strong. Last night I walked through Menards with Nick trying to decide if there was some sort of bucket or trash can I could make it to if need be. I haven't needed to yet but I'm seriously wondering if that time will be in my near future. Looking back - about implantation time - I remember feeling 2 distinct sharp pinching pains. One on my left side and one on my right side. I have been wondering if perhaps that was my little ones digging in. I think my intuition was right. Now I do a lot of praying and positive thinking that these little babies (BOTH OF THEM!) hold on tight and grow healthy and strong. I just can't wait to meet them. I am just so happy and I'm just going to keep that feeling going because I feel it's good for the babies. :-) Enjoy the pic and I know it's not much to look at it but I'm loving it right now. I'm very excited to get to my next ultrasound at 8 weeks. That will be on May 8th! Four more weeks and I'll reach one of our big milestones. Then it's on to the 2nd trimester for a good breathe of relief before a whole new set of worries start to set in. ;-)

1 comment:

George said...

I'm just now getting caught up on my blogroll...YIPPEE to you and DH!!! TWINS IS SO COOL!!! Congrats on seeing the heartbeats too...what a relief, I'm sure!