Tuesday, September 29, 2009

10 Months Old!!



Walker and Jocelyn turned 10 months old this past Saturday. How the time is flying by! This has certainly been a life changing and eventful year. We've had so many changes, so many curve balls thrown our way, and through it all we have remained so thankful and so happy for what we have been been given. They truly are Thanksgiving babies and this new baby being due in April definitely represents a new beginning. We'll be starting our new lives in the Army by then and not only will it be a fresh start, it will be a real new beginning for our family. We are very excited and really looking forward to it. The one downfall is that my oldest son, Nate, will probably not be joining us when we move. He is a senior in high school this year and very much wants to stay here to finish at his current school (understandably) and then he wants to join the military. He was wanting to join the Marines but he's considering the Army now. We've been through a lot with him and he's really turned his life around the past 6 months or so and I'm very proud of him. I wish he could move with us but if we can work it out so he can finish out school here I know it would mean a lot to him. Apparently these pregnancy hormones are getting the best of me because I'm VERY sentimental today. LOL It doesn't help that we are down to under 20 days until Nick ships out. It is very bittersweet. I hate to see him leave. I will miss him terribly and I am sad he will miss the twins first Birthday but I know the sooner he leaves the sooner he gets back and we can really start our lives. He does get to come home for Christmas for 2 weeks so we're looking forward to that. Anyway .... :-) Here's the updates :-)

Walker is just a goofball. He goes from being completely serious to cracking himself up laughing. He loves to lounge (you'll see that in a few pictures! LOL) and tease Jocelyn. He absolutely loves Chance (our dog) and Chance amazingly lets him do pretty much anything. He gets a little nervous around Jocelyn (she was rougher on him earlier on). Walker is getting VERY close to walking. He stands on his own all the time now and can pretty much go to a standing position on his own from sitting down. He's taken a step here and there but he's still a little nervous. We got them each a little car that turns into a walking toy they can push and they both LOVE these! Walker's also turning into quite the little Daddy's boy.

Jocelyn is turning into a Momma's girl all of a sudden and has been very cuddly. She's usually our rough and tumble kiddo but it seems they are switching roles again. She took 4 steps this morning all by herself but then realized what she was doing and fell down. It looks like MAYBE Daddy will get to see them walk before he leaves. We're hoping anyway. She is still a little firecracker and I don't expect that to go away. LOL We're going to have to keep an eye on her when she hits those teen years!! ;-)

They are both sleeping wonderfully now. They take two solid naps and sleep 11-12 hours at night. I'm LOVING it - especially now that I really need rest and sleep. They're drinking more formula at a time now (great timing since we'll be going off that soon LOL). We're doing better at finger foods although I still get nervous about giving them too much. They don't have any teeth yet and I think that is part of my fear. I know they can "gum" things but I still get nervous. I think Jocelyn may be truly teething because she's been awfully whiny the last couple days and Tylenol and teething gel seems to help her. Maybe we'll see one pop through before Dad leaves. I'm so wanting him to be a part of as many "firsts" as we can get in. I look back at the earlier months and realize how many things we actually have accomplished and I do feel like things are a lot easier. We can go out to eat and they do great. They love shopping and being around people so it's easier to get out and about. They are very loving, cuddly little babies and I just feel very blessed. :-)

I had my 12 week appointment yesterday for our new little one and I've discovered that having a "normal" pregnancy gets you kind of boring DR appointments. LOL We went in, she asked how everything was going. I'm still very nauseaus and very tired. She made sure I could eat (I've gained 2 pounds so she was happy with that). I think I eat plenty throughout the day. I just tend to usually stop half way through eating things because it makes me sick after awhile. Thankfully no throwing up. We got to listen to the heartbeat on the doppler. She found that pretty fast and it sounded very loud and strong. :-) She said everything looks great so she set me up for my flu shot and scheduled me for my next appointment at 16 weeks. I did schedule my Nuchal Transclucency Scan for this Thursday so I'm excited we get to see the baby then. Nick will be gone for the 20 week ultrasound so I'm excited he'll get to see one more ultrasound. I'm sure I'll post about that on Thursday. :-)

Here's our picture updates for this month. Enjoy! Their personalities are really coming out now.

September 2009 - Twins 9-10 months, Nate Homecoming  (I haven't gotten a chance to "label" the photos yet but I'm guessing you can figure them out)

10 Month Old Portraits

1 comment:

George said...

WOW - 10 Months already. This is when things start to get really really fun...I found that Julian started to really start to show his personality around 10 months and it's gotten so cool in the past couple months. I'm sure you're enjoying the same with your two sweeties!!! I'm so happy that your appts are boring - beleive me, you want boring! ; ) (as you well know). Good to see you around!